Showing schedule 2011
Final show of the season 21st August
*please note changes to schedule*
Both rings will take place indoors.
Classes will not start before the times shown below.
RING 1 IN-HAND CLASSES
Class 1 Condition Open – Horses & ponies will be split if sufficient entries.
Class 2 Young Stock – 1, 2 & 3 yr olds.
Class 3 Mountain & Moorland – Small – Pure & Part Breds to be split if sufficient entries.
Class 4 Mountain & Moorland – Large – Pure & Part Breds to be split if sufficient entries.
Class 5 Coloured Horse or Pony – Open to Skewbald, Piebald, Appaloosa, Palomino & Spotted.
Class 6 Veteran Horse or Pony 15+
Class 7 Child Handler – 12 yrs & under
Class 8 Child Handler – 13–17 yrs
CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS FOR WINNERS IN RING 1
(Classes 1–8 only)
Class 9 Prettiest Mare
Class 10 Handsome Gelding
Class 11 Longest Mane and Tail
Class 12 Teddy Bear Face
Class 13 Thelwell Pony
RING 2 RIDDEN CLASSES
Class 15 Tack & Turn Out
Class 16 Lead Rein – Ponies up to 13hh, riders 9 yrs & under
Class 17 First Ridden – To provide young riders with confidence & ring experience in their early riding years. Cantering is optional.
Class 18 Equitation – Riders 16 yrs & under
Class 19 Equitation – Riders 17 yrs & over
Class 20 Ridden Youngster 4, 5 & 6 yr olds – Snaffle bridles, NO spurs
Class 21 Ridden Cob – Judged on way of going, manner & ring craft
Class 22 Ridden Hunter – Judged on way of going, manner & ring craft
Class 23 Ridden Ex Racer/Thoroughbred
Class 24 Ridden Veteran 15+
Class 25 Ridden Coloured – Open to Skewbald, Piebald, Appaloosa, Palomino & Spotted.
Class 26 Ridden Mountain & Moorland – Small – Pure & Part Breds to be split if sufficient entries.
Class 27 Ridden Mountain & Moorland – Large – Pure & Part Breds to be split if sufficient entries.
CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS FOR WINNERS IN RING 2
Rules and conditions
• It is mandatory for all riders to wear a protective helmet to British Standard EN1384, ASTMF 1163 or PAS 015 at all times while mounted on LEC property.
• Appropriate riding dress must also be worn while mounted.
• The organisers shall not be liable for any claims in respect of damage or accident to any person, whether competitor, servant or spectator, horse, vehicle or property howsoever caused in conjunction with or arising out of the competition.
• Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. MUCK MUST BE CLEANED UP!
• Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
• Lungeing is not allowed anywhere on LEC property, warming up to take place in the designated area only. Please follow directions of the officials while warming up.
• Any competitors under 18 must be accompanied and supervised at all times.
• All horses are to be vaccinated to date and not be carrying any infectious or contagious diseases.
• Passports must be available for inspection at the Secretary’s desk on number collection.
• The Management and Organisers reserve the right to cancel classes and amend rules at their discretion.
• The judge’s decision is final.
• Any objections must be made to the organiser within 30 minutes of the completion of the event accompanied by a £30 deposit which may be forfeited if the objection is overruled.
• Rosettes to 6th place.
• Rosettes and prizes to be collected on day of competition.