WebLeC online CPD training for horse vets
Thursday 18 October 2012, 7.30pm
Clinical Pathology tips for equine practitioners - Don't just read the lab report!
Dr Tim Brazil BVSc PhD Cert EM (Internal Medicine) DECEIM MRCVS
European Specialist in Equine Internal Medicine
Tim has worked in academia and both first opinion and referral equine practice, and now runs a peripatetic equine internal medicine consultancy practice (Equine Medicine on the Move) in the Cotswolds. This provides diagnostic and second opinion services and frequently involves deciphering lab results from both private practice and commercial laboratories. Tim also runs a clinical audit programme worldwide for The Brooke.
After this presentation the participant will feel more confident in
- Selecting the most appropriate laboratory tests
- Correctly collecting clinical samples for laboratory testing
- Correctly submitting laboratory samples
- Assessing the role of laboratory reference ranges
- Interpreting laboratory test results and assessing their significance
- Refining a differential list based on laboratory test results
- Knowing when to request further testing
- Selecting the best commercial laboratory for your needs
Register for this session:
As a single lecture the price is £30 plus VAT.
Why not consider a Flexible Subscription for your WebLeC CPD? For £300 plus VAT you get 12 lectures for the price of 10.